Citronella Essential Oil is a wonderful essential oil that has a well-rounded lemony scent. It definitely is recognizable in many outdoor sprays and candles. Our Pure Joy Naturals Citronella is a highly concentrated plant oil that contains high potency constituents.
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon nardus
- Main Constituents: Geraniol: 55% Citronellol: 8.6%
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Processing Method: Steam Distilled
- Description / Color / Consistency: A light pale yellow to yellowish brown liquid.
- Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note of medium aroma, Citronella has a well-rounded lemony scent, though it is much softer and has subtle wood tones.
- Product Abstract: Citronella Oil is extracted from a resilient grass native to Sri Lanka and Java. It is a very aromatic perennial that grows approximately 1 meter (3 feet) in height. It is often used in combination with Cedarwood to produce pleasant-smelling patio candles and torches.
- Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals, and should be avoided by those allergic to ragweed; a skin test is recommended prior to use, and contact with eyes should be avoided.
- Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in metal containers (for safe shipping), be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
Cautions: DO NOT DRINK essential oils. Dilute before use; may cause skin irritation in some individuals, so a skin test is recommended prior to use. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. For best results Diffuse or use topically with a carrier oil.
Pure Joy Naturals provides this essential oils guide for educational purposes only and not as medical advice. Please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner or resource on essential oil uses, safety and precautions for all essential oils.